- Miracle Scholarship – for a survivor of the congenital diaphragmatic hernia birth defect.
- Hope Scholarship – for any family member of a child who had a congenital diaphragmatic hernia birth defect.
- Faith Scholarship – for anyone who is going into or furthering their education in Nursing
- Beyond Measure Scholarship – for anyone who will be furthering their education to become a Medical Doctor.
- Wisdom Scholarship – for those furthering their education in PhDs, or any graduate degree which would further the research, care and awareness of congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
Each scholarship is a one time payment of $2,000 and will be sent to the institution of higher learning the recipient will or is attending. As with any scholarships, we request all funds are for the tuition and/or books for the recipient’s education and if the recipient is unable to use the funds that they are returned to Breath of Hope so that the funds can be reinvested to continue to benefit future scholarships.
For the Miracle Scholarship and the Hope Scholarship we must have a signed letter attesting that you are either a congenital diaphragmatic hernia survivor or a family member of someone who had/has the congenital diaphragmatic hernia birth defect.
Requirements for all scholarships are a minimum of a 2.0 GPA and write a 500 word essay on your chosen career path and goals. Scholarships are awarded to those who are well rounded students who have been involved with community and philanthropy. Breath of Hope, Inc. may publish all or part of your essays and your name and the college you will attend utilizing this scholarship.
Scholarship Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed in April 2009 to be awarded by April 30, 2009 for the 2010 academic school year. Complete packets must be received by Breath of Hope by March 31 in order to be reviewed and awarded on this timeline.
To receive the applications please contact email@example.com in the Subject please enter "Scholarships"