Have no plans for Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Day – other than wearing turquoise? Here are some simple things that you can do:
- Have a candle lighting ceremony – light your candle(s) at 7 PM your time and extinguish them at 8 PM just as you would for International Children’s Memorial Day or Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. Send thoughts or say a prayer for all those affected by CDH.
- Tell one person about congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Donate blood, if you can.
- Print off cards with the description or definition of CDH and hand them out randomly – better yet – do random acts of kindness and hand the card to those you do your good deed for!
- Post on your blog, carepage or website about Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Day. Better – turn it turquoise if you can or put one of the Turquoise Awareness Ribbons on your site!
- Turn your profile on Facebook or anywhere else Turquoise for the day – or use one of our ribbons!
Have fun! This should be a day of joy – it is a day we can celebrate awareness of this birth defect – though we always spread the word – this day is something that has been recognized by 34 Governors and States and will soon be recognized by the United States!
We are not stopping this effort – our goal has always been and will always be to have all 50 States Issue Proclamations and for countries to also issue Proclamations too.