Doctors, Families Rally for Cure for Deadly Birth Defect

Parent's Perspective

KSDK.com News Report of Saint Louis Children's Hospital Press Conference

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

For love of country they accepted death...  ~James A. Garfield

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.  ~From a headstone in Ireland

The brave die never, though they sleep in dust:
Their courage nerves a thousand living men.
~Minot J. Savage

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Please remember this Memorial Day weekend, with the BBQs, Pool Openings and celebrations - is also a time to remember all those who gave their lives for the freedom we enjoy every day.  Freedom comes with a price and many sacrificed their lives.  Many families endure separation and many of them need to be honored and respected for their service.

No comments: