Doctors, Families Rally for Cure for Deadly Birth Defect

Parent's Perspective

KSDK.com News Report of Saint Louis Children's Hospital Press Conference

Saturday, July 26, 2008

In Rememberance - The Last Lecture - Lives on in All of Us


We can't change the cards we're dealt, just how to play the hand. --Randy Pausch


________________

From the Wall Street Journal
In his final months, while millions of people world-wide were watching his inspirational last lecture, Randy Pausch was cocooned at home in Virginia with his wife and three young children. "Every time I'm with the kids now, there's this total sense of urgency that I try not to let them pick up on," he told me. "I can't say things and reinforce them in four years. My time is now." The computer-science professor from Carnegie Mellon University, honored as one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people in the world, died at home Friday morning at age 47 of pancreatic cancer. MORE

____________________________________________________________________
There is also a very touching video on that page. I received an email last fall when the Last Lecture was given at Carnegie Mellon University. I had meant to buy his book over the last months only it got away from me. Ironically I made the purchase on Thursday, July 24 - and he is now among the angels as of Friday.
I wish his family and friends peace in this trying time but know that he ignited the world with his words - never intending to. I guess his dreams just happened. Karma just came.

No comments: